Top of my list would probably emergency preparedness items.
When we had a power outage a month ago or so it was very dark! We have lots of candles, but they don't throw off a lot of light and I didn't like leaving them around burning. Connor needed to do some reading for his English class and also needed it bright enough to do a few things in his room that needed more than just the beam of the head lamp. This summer I found out that although I thought I had bought some decent flashlights that when I took them down into the Ape Caves they gave out almost immediately even with brand new batteries. I felt bad because I had lent one of them to someone else who got stuck down in the cave without light until someone came along.
- So good quality flashlights would be awesome, preferably ones that take AA or AAA batteries. I always have those on hand, C or D batteries not so much, so they aren't always fresh.
- Or battery driven lanterns would be even better. Again AA/AA batteries. I was just looking on Amazon they have quite a few that don't cost too much and seem to have high ratings from customers.
- Another thing Wayne and I were talking about was matches. Can't have enough matches. We were looking at some the the wind/water proof matches. Haven't bought anything. Or any other ideas for a good fire starter.
- After our water issues year before last, it is always nice to have water filtration systems. The church online store has a water filtration bottle that is supposed to be really good. Click here to see. We have one, but another one would be nice.
- Or items to go into a 72 hours kits. Ours haven't been revamped in awhile. Probably time to go through them again.
- Or any other emergency preparedness items.
__________________________________________________________________
If you rather give us an entertainment package our local movie theater is a Regal. Or there is always Redbox. Wayne is more comfortable watching movies at home than in the theater.
Or some of the church DVDs, I saw the preview to "Cokeville Miracle" at TOFW, It looked good. "Once I Was a Beehive" looked fun to me I don't know what the men in my family would think. Oh! there's "Pride or Prejudice, A Latter-Day Comedy" (Connor is always willing to watch various Pride and Prejudice movies with me!) or "Hank Smith Live" I heard him speak at TOFW he's really funny. Or "The Sarotov Approach" or "Ephriums Rescue" just to name a few that we don't have.
We like games although we don't play them as much as we used to anymore.
Okay, hope that gives you some ideas, Christie, Wayne and Connor
No comments:
Post a Comment